Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hi....It's Me....

Hi.
It's Me.
You left here mad last night.
I know you hurt.
I know it's worse to be reminded.
You said you were okay, just glad to have someone to listen to you.
We were glad you talked.
We will always listen to YOU.
Not to THAT...

You didn't make it home last night,
Nor to school today.
I know, too tired to drive, or maybe up all night.
You are 18.
You are an adult.
We love YOU and always will.
THAT can't poison our love for you.
We will do anything to help you...help you.
We will not let you do THAT you choose.
Your choices are yours.
We hope YOU are home soon.....



Hi
It's me.
I sit here mad right now.
I am hurt by her pain.
I have felt it before.
I know you have to.
I know there is little I can do.
That is except, trust you, and pray for her.
I want so badly to spare her from the misery I endured.

I am glad that I have you to talk to.
I know you are always there to listen.
The lessons you teach aren't always directed to me.
I learn from all of them though.
There is no comparing the sacrifice of your Son to the struggles of my daughter.
I know I love her with the deepest love that you created.
I have faith that you will help us all weather this storm.
I ask that you watch over her.
Give her strength.
Fill her heart with hope.
Deliver HER back to us before THAT takes her.
Give me YOUR wisdom, YOUR strength and YOUR grace to handle whatever your plans may be.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment